This topic on derma roller vs derma pen will give you a clear idea about difference between them. Hope you will able to select the perfect device for your proper skin care.
Microneedling pen or dermapen are the exactly same things in different name. The word derma means anatomy or zoology. Since dermapen apply the same principle of micro needling we can easily say both the things are same.
Similarly the same case with derma roller and microneedling roller. They are also same things since they apply the same principle of technology.
The micro needling derma pen is the modern version of the derma roller. That means the roller is predecessor of derma pen. We will find out the differences between them and obviously pen is the latest modification of microneedle derma roller being superior to roller.
What is derma roller? – its benefits, pros and cons
The micro needling roller is one the ideal skin beauty aids available nowadays. We will see what microneedling roller can and cannot do for your skin. This type of roller has only a few components.
The main part of this roller is a rotating wheel filled with 100-1000 tiny (micro) needles. The needle size will determined the depth of penetration where collagen and elastin are produced. It has a medium size handle to grab the roller safely.
How to choose a derma roller?
For the sensitive area and thinner skin like face and lip you can use the length of 0.25 mm while for thicker skin any other place of the body you can use 1.00 mm needles. A broader roller with many needles can easily treat larger area while less needle roller can treat smaller area.
Of course you can find roller of various sizes and various number of needles. Since there are various sizes rollers are available in market you can easily choose one which correctly fits your hand grip.
Benefits of using microneedling derma roller:
When a mocroneedling roller is used in the right way at right place we can see very positive and effective results. The following skin issues can be easily resolved with the help of this roller.
- Micro needling roller can help to remove wrinkles with the production of collagen and elastin. Deeper wrinkles which are more sever need longer time with multiple treatments.
- The skin irregularities like scars can be eliminated with this roller treatment which produces collagen and elastin.
- Microneedling penetrates the outer layer of skin and produce pores with micro injury which again increases the blood flow. The increased blood flow produces more hormones that promote hair growth.
- Since collagen is produced by this roller micro needling it easily rejuvenates skin and repair sun damage skin. It also boos up the absorption capacity of skin care production.
- A micro needling roller is very much effective in removing hyper pigmentation as these irregularities are very close to the skin surface. When you normalize pigment cells (Melanocytes) the hyperpigmentaion can be repaired.
- When the epidermis become thick the Rosacea or the redness of skin can be reduced by applying micro needling roller. As because it produces collagen and elastin which allows the skin to increase its absorption capacity of skincare products.
- Stretch marks can be reduced or eliminated by using this microneedling roller which produces collagen and elastin. To eliminate stretch marks it may need 4/5 treatments at last.
Microneedling roller can’t do:
- Cellulite: Most of the cellulite occur at deep of skin layer and microneedling roller can reach there and treat cellulite with slight improvement but cellulite itself remain there.
- Large pores: Micro needling by roller cannot eliminate the large pores but the pores are slightly improved by thickening epidermis with small needle size.
- Keloid scar: Keloid scars are produced by excessive collagen when produced and so micro needling roller will worsen this type of Keloid scars.
Microneedling / Derma Pen:
Dermapen comes with sterile, sealed and a disposable needle cartridge to maintain highest safety precaution. The needle cartridge is replaceable having multiple needles and can easily penetrate epidermis and dermis of skin. This produces micro injuries and thereby creating micro holes or pores in order to produce collagen and elastin.
You can just apply the treatment of micro needling pen and you get rid of scar, stretch marks, wrinkles and fine lines and you are not to be worried at all. It offers you a fast and dramatic change in your beautification.
The derma pen revolution began in the year 1920 and since then it is one of the best treatment to eliminate skin issues or irregularities. While taking treatment with this instrument you need not to take much preparation, the procedure is simple and the result is quick.
After the arrival of 2 versions now comes 3rd generation Dermapen3 is much improved than other 2 versions. Derma pen cryo is the latest pen that utilizes nitrous oxide N2O to destroy unsightly skin marks. The micro needling pen offers three major advantages as are very easy operation, highly accurate and the outcome is evident.
How Dermapen works and its other aspects:
A micro needling pen is an automated medical device penetrating inner and outer layers of skin and thereby producing innumerable pores to produce new collagen and elastin fiber which results high blood circulation. The device glides over the skin back and forth penetrating 2mm depth creating numerous tiny wounds.
Of course it is a kind of therapy that the skin responds to plump and thickens reduction of the wrinkles, fine lines and scars. The micro needling pen is effective in reducing or removing the following skin issues.
- Works well in removing mild and moderate acne scarring.
- Also works in surgical scarring
- To remove wrinkles and fine lines.
- Removing stretch marks.
- Reducing pore size and skin texture.
- Reducing Keloid scarring.
Before applying this treatment the skin is cleaned and numbing cream is applied to lessen discomfort. After the treatment is over you should apply vitamin C serum or hyaluronic acid hydrate, heal and protect the skin. Sometime the patients feel mild sunburn, redness and possibly swelling.
After reading the topic on derma roller vs derma pen, now we are clear about all features, pors and cons of both type of devices.
Now w can say that the pen is more precise in consideration. The derma pen is modern and can be used when you are treating the sensitive places around eyes, nose and upper lip where derma roller cannot reach there safely.
In case of micro needling by pen, you can reach dermis depth by adjusting the needles but in case of roller you cannot as it penetrates single depth. Micro needling by pen is vertical that has less chance of injury causing less side effects and less curing time.
But since microneedling through roller is angular movement it tears more skin surface and thus it is venerable to more side effects and require more curing time.
Considering all of the factors we can conclude that micro needling dermapen offers more advanced, effective, faster results than derma roller.