Microblading is a semi permanent makeup eyebrow is a popular procedure in the field of beautification throughout the world. That is very important to get certified in microblading for the artist who are the performer of microblading before taking such a job.
You cannot expect a job without a microblading certification in specially inUnited States of America. In addition to 100hrs course you can always consult internet for different reviews like ideal microblading pigment reviews or microblading pen. Keep in mind that internet is the constant source of information.
We may consider it as a minor surgery in medical term and as such it is compulsory to have a certified license in the United States of America USA. In other region of the world certification is not yet introduced specially in Asia.
Since certification needs to sit for examination and examination need needs training with some practical and theoretical courses we concentrate there. You can get certification either for microblding or eyebrow tattoo microblading.
Attending microblading training course:
Classes approved by AAM and SPCP: The American academy of micropigmentation and the society of permanent cosmetic professionals provide microblading certification to the English speaking world.
As such one should complete at least one of two boards which means they follow the official regulations. and run by the certified instructors.
Avoid less duration classes of training to increasing popularity of microblading lots of profitable training institution has popped up. Avoid the training that is less than 100 hrs and having no mention of AAM and SPCP.
Although some of them provide accurate training they are scam and few will get official certification. Scam courses are less than 6 days long, extremely cheap and with free bonus of microblading kit.
Enroll in and attend classes: After finding a good class enroll with the instructor after paying the fees. The total 100 hours include classes, home work, live practice, and teachers demonstrations.
If the trainers don’t live in your area you are to travel there. Most of the full course fee is $4000 to $5000.
Get official documentation: Ensure the total hours of training included in the documentation and instructors official signature. In addition take photo of live work completed with the consent of patient.
This is essential for both AAM and SPCP exams. as the proof of 100 hours training. In addition to this course of 100hrs you should check internet always for latest developed tool like disposable microblading tool.
Earning your certification on microblading:
- Ask for an apprenticeship: For further training you need to take apprenticeship or internship to complete 100 hrs full training. You can ask the local technician for this purpose. Or you can see the directory list AAM and SPCP members online. Most of these training are free of cost but some certified technician may charge a fee of $500 per procedure.
- Join the AAM or SPCP: The AAM and SPCP require purchasing a organization membership prior to take their examination. Both the organizations offer their membership through the online shop. The AAM is charging $250 and SPCP is charging $350 . Since both boards grant similar level of professional respect AAM is popular in USA while SPCP is popular abroad.
- BPS certification course: In addition to 100hrs microblading training you need to take another certification Blood borne Pathogens Standard course that follows OSHA’s standard. This course fee is only $25. You finish this course you get a BPS certificate. If you cannot take the course in person you can do that on internet training.
- Sign up for AAM or SPCP test examination: Upcoming tests are listed in the boards official website. Both organizations charge $250 as exam fee.. AAM sells their form through their online shop while SPCP through informational PDF. Before sitting to test you will be asked to submit photo ID, Membership, BPS certificate and micro blade training proof.
- Provide proof of insurance: Since part of exam is practical the technicians insurance is required. and you need to show practical work on clients for 5eyebrows, 5eye liners and 5lips. If you are located you are located in New Jersy, Nevada, Maine or Massachusetts you are relaxed to 2 eyebrow, 2 eye liner and 2 lips only.
Pass your certification test:
The SPCP exam is composed nearly 100 questions from infection control, disease and disorder, pigmetalogy, anatomy technical applications, regulation and documentation etc.
AAM has set up exam in 3 section as written, oral and practical covering the same syllabus of SPCP.In order to prepare yourself before sitting in exam you can follow the study guides and sample test from online stores.
Becoming a microblading technician:
- Acquire a license from the health department: In order to work as a legal technician you need to acquire a license from local health department. The license will cover cosmetology , tattooing and permanent make up. To get the license apply to the concerned department. First of all you must be sure of your personal hygiene and equipment.
- Meet national cosmetic regulation standard: Whether you are practicing with a license or not FDA is strict to keep face the consumers. These are available in boards official website. These are available to see the ink and pigment requirement for infection and injury prevention. In order to avoid major fines you should understand and comply to maintain all national standard.
- Look up in your are for specific microblading requirement: Microblading is locally regulated for permanent makeup and tattoo. These regulation is widely vary by country, state or district. For further information regarding practicing as technician you can contact local department of health or commerce.
- Apply for a job: If you are just a starter look jobs for cosmetic and permanent makeup boutique. Do not expect as a full technician at the moment. Once you have significant experience on cosmetic try for your own practice to earn more money and then you will have greater control over your career. Look for jobs list from AAM and SPCP online.